Have decided to build two samples of your latest clocks. One with the coup perdu option and the second with the deadbeat option.
I have the coup perdu running without the pendulum bob which is still on the printer.
Steve, this clock came together without a hitch. It was a breeze. No filing, not fitting required. About the only thing that I had to do was drill out the holes for the arbours. This was the easiest clock to get going so far.
I did have one thing that I am still playing about with.
The position on the flipper where the magnet is to be glued, seem to be too closes to the hinge and when the flipper moves out of the way, the magnet is still close to the reed switch and it does not want to switch off and hence the rewind motor does not want to stop. At the moment, I have just put the felt pad just near the hinge to decrease the magnetic field reaching the reed switch. This seems to work. I am however thinking about moving the magnet further up the flipper to increase the distance between reed switch and the magnet.
The reed switches that I brought were the ones that you recommended from Amazon.
48 Hour Review
Basically it just goes.
Had a problem with the first reed switch I put in. Occasionally, it would not switch off although the magnet was nowhere close. Replaced this and the clock has been running without a hitch.
No doubt that building all of your other clocks gives one experience, but this clock did not require any tweaks, changes, filing or anything. Usually I take a clock apart a number of times before I am satisfied and it works correctly. But this one has worked straight from the printer.
I also presume that this one will be much more accurate than the electromagnetic clock throughout a battery life cycle.
Steve, thanks for the design.
It's good to hear that it went together smoothly for you. Others report tight fitting parts. It is a balancing act finding tolerances that work for the majority of people with different printers, slicers, filament brands, etc.
I think the frame on this clock is the easiest to put together out of all my designs. I will probably use this style for all future designs.
The motor flipper worked great on my first few prototypes, then one started sticking from magnetic attraction. The felt pad probably doesn't block the magnetism. Maybe it is adding some extra distance. You could try stacking the felt pads to add even more distance.
The magnet position is close to the pivot point for the flipper to have more leverage to pull away. Moving it higher might make it worse, unless the switch has less metal in that area. Try one of the optional motor flippers that add counter weights to help prevent sticking. Motor_flipper_option1 could be the best choice.
One more thing that I found was that the shaft collar diameter was too big and I never had a press fit onto the 1.5mm arbour.
This however, could be a function of my printer.