I've just posted my SP8 build at https://youtu.be/K6esLtZtmhQ. I can't really call it "the coup perdu" clock as I went with the deadbeat design. This was an easy one to get going. Apologies for the poor quality video and pictures - my phone wouldn't focus very well.
A few notes:
- the arbors were tight in the frame until I drilled them out with a 1.7mm drill. It wouldn't work reliably until I did this.
- the motor has the opposite connections to the one described in the instructions. It might be useful to add a note saying that it should rotate clockwise when the shaft is viewed end on, so you can check this before soldering it all up.
- I used a plastic encapsulated reed switch. This is a little larger than the glass ones: 3mm square cross section, instead of 2mm circular. I modified the switch cover to allow for this. Without doing this, the switch stood proud of the surface it is mounted on, and the magnet could never get far enough away to turn it off. Also I used a 6mm magnet, as I had some of these already, and opened up the hole in the flipper to fit it.
- it might be nice to have levelling screws in the base. It doesn't make much difference to the time keeping, but it is easier to adjust using the Cuckoo Calibration App when it is level.