SP14 Large Moon Phase Clock
I have had this clock running reliably for several months and keeping good time within a couple of minutes per week. Now, the clock appears to run as before, but the hands do not move, or only move a minute or so after several hours. The clock is ticking and the pendulum is swinging normally.
Any thoughts as to the problem?
59 Views

Yes I had this problem too with the smaller Moon Phase Clock. The same thing - clock running well with good amplitude but hands intermittently turning. I discovered that the screww for the main centre wheel was slipping because I m,ust have over tightened it and it stripped the thread thus it would not turn and just ideles there. I printed the same gear again and carefully screwed the small bolt in just beyond finger tight and now the problem is resoved. The clock now runs beautifully and keeps great time. For a more permanent fix I will use small brass heat inserts next time and appropriate and long anough screws. This did not happen with the Rolling Ball clock though.