32 day build de-bugging
Hello all, I have completed the build for the 32 day easy build clock.
I thought everything was going great until I tried to hang the weight on it, and I cannot get it to work.
I have gone through the de-bugging steps on the guide and was not sure where the problem. My initial thought was the weight shell is too light, but I have since increased the weight to almost 8 pounds and still have no luck.
I can spin the gear by hand and see everything moves as expected. Is there something else I should be looking at before.
I will say, I feel like I need to push on gear 8 (the gear that holds the weight) pretty hard for it to move.
Any thoughts?

42 Views

More data would help debug the issue.
What runtime option are you using? 8lbs should be enough in 8 day mode, but not enough in 32 day mode.
What are the escapement characteristics? Does it rotate with the 8lb weight? How quickly does it start spinning?
How long is the pendulum free swing test?
I recently released a simple friction test to identify if your filament is slippery or sticky. It can be found at https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-clock-gear-friction-test-836333
Answers to these questions can help determine if you should focus the debug on the pendulum or the gears.